Project Title: Software Quality Observatory for Open Source Software- SQO-OSS
Funding: IST FP6 – Specific Targeted REsearch Project (STREP)
Software Quality Observatory for Open Source Software (SQO-OSS) aims to increase the competitiveness of European software development SMEs through a holistic approach of software quality assessment, initially targeting open source software. The project seeks to use as many sources of quality indicators as possible so as to create a set of metrics that can be applied automatically to a software project’s repository in order to extract quantifiable measurements of its quality. The project will deliver:
- A plug-in based quality assessment platform (), featuring a web and an IDE front-end.
- An enhanced set of software metrics that will take into account quality indicators from data that is present in a project’s repository, but not yet used for quality assessment.
- A publicly available league of open source software applications, categorised by their quality characteristics.
- A methodology that will allow European SMEs to leverage the availability of quality assessed open source software in the development of horizontal and vertical applications and the provision of value-added services.
- Experience reports of how the tool’s application affected a large open source project. The project leverages existing tools and will also create new ones in an effort to build an integrated quality assessment platform. The core will be released as open source software under the BSD licence to stimulate business interest around it.
For more information visit: http://www.sqo-oss.eu